Safety is a key foundation on which the company is built, and the divisional teams are developed.
Our clients can always be confident that Hix Group upholds all aspects of Quality, Safety & Environmental Management as we are fully audited and accredited by “Best Practice Certifiers” to ensure our work is carried out in line with ASNZ4801- OHS Systems, ISO9001- Quality Systems and ISO14001 – Environment Systems. We are also Accredited for NSW Government WHS Systems and Auditing (5th Edition).
We aim to continually improve the way we do things in a safe and environmentally friendly manner so our work is always of the highest standard and meets or exceeds our clients’ expectations, ensuring they are getting the best value and service for their investment.
We will work with you to ensure full compliance and full confidence.
Our Compliance Systems
Quality Management :- AS/NZS-ISO-9001-2015
We always ensure our customers are receiving the very best quality beginning with procurement & allocation of the right team members, sub contractors and suppliers for the installation, commissioning or ongoing maintenance of your services, plant and equipment as installed by Hix Group Pty Ltd. We operate under a stringent Quality Management System which ensures all works performed by our qualified and experienced team members are undertaken using best practice procedures in an efficient & effective manner, always to suit the clients’ needs. These systems are constantly reviewed, monitored and audited both internally by our skilled management team and externally by certified third party auditors.
We encourage feed back from our clients and key stakeholders, to ensure we are all seeking and implementing ideas and recommendations for continual improvement.
The success of these systems is achieved by open dialogue and relationships between all staff, which are accountable for outcomes, including relevant client and supplier input.
Work Health & Safety :- AS/NZS–4801 – 2001
Safety is always first... for all involved, including our clients & their teams, our staff, the public and community.
The key component of our WHS management system is to ensure all personnel within the organisation are actively engaged in this integral part of our operations. Our systems & team commitment ensure all team members & management have a clear understanding of their obligations, including continually looking to remove or reduce hazards and being proactive in reporting issues before they result in an incident.
We align ourselves with partners and clients that take safety and the legislative requirements as seriously as our organisation so as to maintain what is deemed to be standard practice with in our Company.
Environmental Management - AS/NZS – ISO – 14001 – 2015
We are committed to minimising the impact of any environmental risks related to our activities and our certified ISO 14001 compliant systems are in place to ensure all stakeholders are protected. Hix Group Pty Ltd commits to a continual review of all operational activities to ensure industry best practice, along with implementing site specific CEMP (Construction Environmental Management Plans) when required to ensure environmental integrity and to avoid any impact what so ever on surrounding environments whether they be natural or man made habitats.
We not only practice these principals on site but also within our warehouses and offices & throughout our daily operations and relationships with staff, suppliers and clients alike.
Safety is not "extra", safety is first.
Quality Environmental and Safety Success through:
- Ongoing training and consultation at all levels of the organisation. This includes toolbox consultation, and regular training and updates.
- Ongoing commitment to continually review and develop existing programmes.
- Ongoing development of employee and sub-contractor inductions to ensure compliance and understanding of company policy.
- We encourage a reporting and learning culture with a focus on zero incidents.
- Ongoing review of all Safe Work methodologies to ensure Best Practice
- Internal and external auditing of WHS management systems and practices of staff.
Our Integrated Management System has been based upon:
- Achieving the highest standards in quality, service and continual improvement.
- Regular staff training to maintain and continually improve the quality of our services and the methods used by our staff and our commercial partners in providing high level services which are not only safe to the highest standards but have minimal impact on the environment.
- A commitment to continually improve on standards for customer satisfaction,service and relationships.
- A continued commitment to the highest level of operational and professional standards and ethics as expected by governing bodies, clients and ourselves.
- The development, implementation & review of Key company objectives to ensure our ongoing success within the business whilst also ensuring full compliance to uphold our company’s standards within our industry and beyond.
The Hix Way
Besides our regular safety toolbox discussions and 100% team involvement in the development, implementation & review of safety policy & procedures and Safe Work Methods on all sites, Hix Group has its own internal Accredited Quality, Safety and Environmental training program -The “HixWay”
This is a comprehensive program our team members undertake over a 12 month period with specific training being undertaken, KPI’s met and credits obtained towards the accreditation and achievement of our HixWay Patch to wear with pride.
This program encourages active involvement and achievement and promotes the ultimate importance of safety and compliance as an integral part of every day.
We aim to have zero injuries as we want our people to be safe and injury free so they can enjoy their work and go home safely to their families .We constantly remind our team of the many ways of working safely by ensuring they undertake regular training, inductions and discussions which keep safety top of mind.